Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My philosophical respose to such situations....

I am so sorry for this Pati and I can feel your disappointment - happens to me as well. Most frequently I would tell myself that when such a situation  occurs, for some reason unknown to me at the time, it was not meant to be. I know that is a hard pill to swallow when your heart was set on it, but could it be that you shall find an even more welcome chair - actually one that comes in one piece? There is a beautiful and perfect chair calling out for you Pati! Here is one of my favourite sayings that I read frequently to myself: Hope anticipates, Faith believes, and Patience quietly waits.
We went to Midland today starting out in snow but ending with sun. I was up during night shoveling at front because it rained all night and then at 7 am started to snow. When we got home I shovelled  more but was able to chip away the ice at the back of the house because it had rotted enough for me to lift. This will help greatly to alleviate potential for water into basement. So far, so good and perhaps, just maybe, the melting will be slow and steady. Tomorrow I hope to take our Income Tax papers into the Accountant - hope they can do them within the week, I will then be able to plan for the expected large payment I have to make by end of month. The unknown for me is what effect turning 65 years will have on 2013's numbers - I am told (by you Pati ?) that there may be a considerable difference. I have always had to pay large amounts every year.
I received another message about my 45th Nursing Reunion end of May - I have already sent my regrets but just reading more info, and lists of classmates who have already responded positively makes you start to wonder about your decision. But enough of that. I have the garden work to keep me busy, and have started to do pick up work with sewing and quilting which makes me happy.
I won $5.00 on Lottery Sat night - this is a big win for me and a long time coming so I think maybe the tide has turned? I bought another ticket for tomorrow night with fingers crossed haha  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment