Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring, take 2

Well, here we are at Easter, and under a heavy snowfall warning yet again.  This is really starting to get me down.  Kris and I traded yard pictures on Tuesday. There were taken within minutes of each other.  His yard had no snow at all, and he had a lawn chair out on his deck.  My SNOW has no yard at all, and my patio table is just appearing out of the snow bank it has been buried in all winter.  I guess it will disappear again tonight :( 



I did another power cooking today.    2 big bags of crockpot stew, 4- 4 cup bags of chili and 4 - 8 x 8 lasagne.  I am all set to make a couple of quiches, but I have to wait for what I have done to freeze so I can stack it and have a flat surface to freeze the quiches on.  If I am ambitious I will do some chicken tomorrow or maybe Monday.  Rrain is coming over for supper on Sunday.  When the forecast was for 14 degrees we decided on BBQ steak and chicken pieces wrapped in bacon .  Good thing Jim still has the BBQ inside the garage door.  He should be able to get to it, but it won't be the outdoor meal we had planned.  Since I am on this cooking spree I think I will make a bumble berry pie for desert.  The last one disappeared really fast, so I guess people like it.  (No wonder I have gained so much weight!  I seem to be obsessed with food!) The really sad thing is that I don't have anything for supper tonight!  I think I mentioned that we ordered new windows.  Unfortunately, because of the weather, they can't install them yet.  Firstly, because it is still too cold to leave the house open and secondly, the snow is still to deep for them to work.  And now I get to call MTS cause I managed to lock my voicemail.  Some days you wonder why you got out of bed.  At least it is a nice long weekend and maybe I can sleep in one day.  Love Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment