Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring?

There is something about being under a heavy snowfall warning in the middle of April that just seems wrong.  I know it is not going to stay, but it is very depressing to look out the window and see it coming down. I finished my first two weeks with my new employer and they paid me!  I still haven't heard what my classification is, but they are paying me at the DEX level which works for me.  They added our $500  signing bonus into our first pay cheque, so the income tax went up. I ended up with only $288 extra.  Better than nothing, I guess.  Elizabeth asked Shirley to do the accounting again, so that freed up time for me to catch up on my own work.  I actually got somewhere on Friday and was feeling pretty good when I left work.  Of course a weekend does help my mood.  We worked out what to do with all my overtime hours.  I will take the 4 days after May long, and I will take May 2 to go to the ACT Festival in Pinawa.  That leaves 1 1/2 days that I will use by the end of May.  From now on all overtime will be recorded and become "official" overtime.  We have never counted alarm call ins as official overtime before, but that is how I ended up with 6 1/2 days!  I now have 10 1/4 hours of "official" overtime recorded. It adds up fast when every alarm call is a minimum of 3 hours at time and a half.  Not that I enjoy driving into the office at 2am. I gave Jim $6 last night to win Turkeys at meat draw.  Instead, I was the turkey 'cause he came home empty handed yet again.  I was looking for more recipes to make ahead and freeze.  It seems that it is always the same.   Meatballs, Lasagne, Chili, Soup, Stew and sometimes meat in gravy.  I seem to be in a rut.  Any ideas out there?  I was working on our income tax, but I guess I was too slow, 'cause Jim gathered it all up and took it into H&R block yesterday.  I resent paying $180.00 just to be told I owe.  Oh well.   The snow is coming down even heavier now.  I checked the radar and I think we will be out of it in a couple of hours.  It is going to be below 0 for the rest of the week.  Will this ever end?  Enough complaining.  I think I will go and drag Jim away from the TV and talk him into a game of crib.  Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment