Friday, April 11, 2014

Poor Mouse!

I guess that after a long winter they are looking for fresh green food too.

Emotional day today.  Makes me think of the old saying--" Man plans, God laughs".  EMAC has an exhibition in the gallery in Selkirk this month and every person displaying is expected to volunteer at least one day to sit in the gallery and act as a docent. I have never minded this job, as it gives me a quiet day, out of the house, and with a bit of company.  I have always taken some hand sewing along to amuse myself, as patrons are often few and far between.  My days this month are April 12 and 26th, so I planned to finish the quilting on the small quilt I'm working on and then attach the binding to sew on by hand on Saturday. HAH!!  My machine starts making a noise like metal rubbing on metal and I smell something hot.  Trying to trouble shoot, I taken the throat plate off to take a look and maybe clean it up a bit.  I'm fussing with it and suddenly the needle comes down in the wrong position, hitting the special free motion foot and actually bending it w-a-a-y out of position.  Oh,oh.....?!!  So the machine is in the shop.  He found a mechanism that is supposed to be spring loaded and no spring in sight, and, of course, the timing is now off, not to mention the need for a new special free motion foot (Ka-ching!)

When we left the shop, David suggested that we go home via Polo Park, and take a look at a chair store that had been suggested.  It was Medi-Chair, a company I often dealt with when I was working.  We found an electric Lift Chair that suits me nicely, and ordered it.  Not sure when it will be delivered, but we are aiming at two weeks.  However, it is more than we had budgeted, and getting a second chair right now is pretty iffy.  David is off at the bank right now, to pay his income taxes and find out exactly where we stand, and I'm at home worrying.  However, we both agree that fixing my sewing machine is more important than a second chair, for now.

The new fridge was delivered yesterday, and is purring along in the kitchen.  The little bar fridge is working nicely down stairs, but doesn't really fit well on top of the bar, so we''ll maybe have to re-think that one.  My water, and Dr. Pepper fit quite nicely in there and it sure saves trips up and down the stairs.  The old fridge is sitting in the back yard. There is a magic phone number that you call and say " Pick up a fridge at such and such an address", and someone comes along in a truck and takes it away--any appliance, actually.  I don't know what happens to them, but I think they either get refurbished and sold, or go to charity. Probably the former, but it's out of my house, so I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment