Saturday, April 5, 2014

Lost Day

Well, nothing turned out today the way we expected. This week has been dedicated to the studio, as we had nothing else planned for the whole week. Yesterday I had put together a small baby quilt top to practice my quilting, and hoped to  do the same today.  But when I reached into the fridge for my juice, I felt nothing but warmth.  Yep, fridge has had it.   David played with it quite a bit and it now is much colder, but it is turned to coldest, and we see the writing on the wall.  So, off we go to look at buying a fridge.  We have been talking about getting rid of the couch in the living room and replacing it with two chairs.  I prefer Wing Chairs ( ?Queen Anne chairs?), and want a specific size, as I have now shrunk enough that getting my feet on the floor is a consideration. So we set off to look at everything.  We also talked about getting a very small bar fridge for the basement.  This is not something we had talked about a lot, but by buying one now we would have something to use in the kitchen, while waiting for delivery of a new, large one.

We visited a lot of stores, and found out two things: firstly, there is no colour anywhere.  Everything is grey, dark brown and dark blue, and secondly, there are very few wing chairs out there. We found one store where we could custom order one, and even have it covered in a coloured fabric, but they could offer no size to suit me.  We didn't worry too much,about the chairs, finally finding two that "would do".  We didn't buy either of them today.  I want to find a chair that I love--not one that 'would do".  There was one that I loved, but it was a side chair like the ones Mom used to have , with wooden legs, arms, and and back support that was upholstered on the front of the back and the seat. I'm still thinking about that one. Functional, and it made my heart sing, but not really practical.

We finally bought a fridge in Sears ( certainly not the first store we visited, nor our first choice of stores), and a bar fridge in Canadian Tire.  By this time it was the middle of the afternoon and we were both sore and tired, but we no sooner got home, than a friend called asking me out for coffee. This is a friend who is going through a very difficult time, so off I went.  By the time I got home, it was off for a nap and then almost too late for supper.  We agreed to each look after himself, in terms of food, and  then both of us sat in a stupour watching couples by Real Estate in Alaska, for almost two hours.

And the day is done, and I never got downstairs.  But, for the first time in months, have been able to blog from my lap top.

No comments:

Post a Comment