Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Could have been a great day but----

Yesterday, after I got back from spending the afternoon with Dianne in Steinbach, we went out and bought the chair that I loved.  The one that made my jaw drop and my heart sing.  Didn't match the living room at all and I was prepared to change my whole decorating scheme to match it.  We were told we could have it delivered for an extra $69.00, or could pick it up at the warehouse close to home.  So today, Loren cleaned out his van and took time off work to help get the chair home.  They got to the warehouse and took delivery of a chair--"assembly required".  Yes, the whole thing was in pieces.  Would you pay over $600.00 for a chair that you had to put together yourself?  At least with Ikea they warn you up front!  To add insult to injury, we could not refuse delivery at the warehouse.  So David had to take the box to the store and request his money back there.  I wasn't with him and couldn't get in touch with him, so couldn't warn him that we had bought it with my credit card, and legally they couldn't refund the money onto his credit card.  I don't want to know how it played out, but he arrived home with a total refund slip against my credit card.  We never be able to show our faces in Dufresne again, and maybe that's okay. So, I'm sad and we are back to square one in terms of the chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment