Sunday, April 27, 2014

What a week

Ever had one of those weeks that you just can't figure out what happened?  On Good Friday I did something to my foot. I have no idea what, but it became quite swollen from the instep back, and up the side.  I went to the clinic on Monday and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong either.  I saw the Dr. on call, and he asked another dr. to come in and check me out.  They eliminated a number of things and decided that they would treat me with anti inflamatory and see what happened.  I got crutches for a week, but I found them hard to walk with.  The swelling has gone down a lot, but there is still a large lump on my foot.  I am trying to walk normally, but I keep walking on the side of my toes, which causes the rest of my foot to hurt.  Unfortunately, in the midst of all of this, Jim hurt his back, so I had to take care of the "poor baby".  How come women are not allowed to hurt as much as men?  I did take Friday off work, but I didn't rest my foot as much as I wanted to.  I will finish my pills and see how my foot feels then.  Oh, and yeah!  The crutches hurt my shoulder, which I was already on medication for.  I just can't win!  We go to Pinawa next weekend for the ACT Festival.  Everything is already paid for, except any alcohol we drink on Saturday at the banquet.  The room is being held by credit card, but ACT will reimburse us for almost $200 of that cost.  The room rate of $129 per person for the whole weekend includes our breakfasts and lunches and evening snacks.  I am not sure who is taking care of the animals while we are gone.  Jim asked Rodney, but I am not sure if he said yes or no.  His daughter has a volleyball tournament in Brandon, but I think he said they are coming home every night.  If that fails, Rrain said she would do it.   I have a Union meeting tomorrow in Brandon.  Jim is driving me in, and we are stopping at Walmart on our way home.  New underwear !!!!  Yippee!!! (How sad is that :)  )  He is going to go to the "gun store" while I am at the meeting.  The snow has finally dropped here.  All that is left is the remains of the large drifts  I even found my garden yesterday and started to look at what I am planting.  Tomatoes, potatoes, onions, peppers, maybe garlic, and my "eating" garden..... peas, beans and cucumbers.  I will see what survived in my herb garden, but I think I will be starting over with that one.  We threw away our swimming pool last fall and were going to get a small one, but now Jim is having second thoughts.  We will see what Walmart has when we are there.  Have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment