Saturday, April 12, 2014

Anticipating plus plus rainfall....

...and not very pleased with prospect of pumping and shovelling. Just read Wpg Free Press and following news about your snowstorm, and the potential for flooding on Assiniboine River as water levels are rising quickly. Apparently Highway 5 south was closed - I expect this doesn't affect you Cathy? Also says they may open Portage Diversion within 24 hours to help with expected water and ice jams.  I guess in our desire to be done with Winter and get on with Spring we forget to remember that with Spring comes rain and water and flooding etc etc.
Well, as a sort of ritual I went out to my stove and made a fire just now. I have been thinking about this for some time now, and tonight seemed like the right time to light up my very first fire for this year. It felt good. A neighbour walked by and talked to me through the trees so I guess I wasn't really alone, was I?  The other day I prepared by shoveling a path to the stove and my bench, and gathered up some dead sticks lying all over the snow from Winter windfall. I really like this new stove, and hopefully will be able to spend many an evening of enjoyment during the Summer as last Fall when we got it, I didn't get to try it out much.
Hope you recover from your rogue storm Cathy, and hope that Pati was not affected with the weather for her day of volunteering at the studio. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment