Wednesday, May 7, 2014

And so it begins

David has started on the bathroom.  He's dealing with many layers and at the bottom the most hideous dark turquoise paint.  There is also an area of what appears to be tile adhesive that David says is going to take hours of sanding.  I'm trying to stay out of the way, but that is the only toilet in the house that I can use easily.  What a nuisance!  The other is becoming just too low for me.  

Other people have started to comment on how quickly my functional abilities have deteriorated.  Monday was our monthly Ravenesque meeting, and our hostess had gone to the trouble of having a 1/2 step built onto her porch so Dianne and I could get into her house easier. But--I have been pleased to discover how many stores have started having scooters for customer use.  We found a couple in Rona on Monday and it sure made picking paint colours easier.  I know I can get one at WalMart, Safeway and Superstore.  My new chair is wonderful.  It is much easier to get out of than the old couch ( MUCH easier!), and last evening David took the high swivel stool into the bathroom so I could do my hair.

I keep trying to get down to work in the studio.  Monday I wanted to start a dye bath, only to discover that David wanted to bottle wine.  We worked that one out, and then yesterday I made up four more smaller dye baths.  I usually leave the over night to"batch", but couldn't wait and sorted out three of them, washing and drying the fabric.  There is one more to take care of this morning, and I have high hopes for it.

But we have reached the point of someone needing to go out and face the world.  Groceries to buy and prescriptions to fill.  I have offered to take some food with me to Pinawa this weekend, and  (darn it!) they took me up on the offer.  lol  Dianne will be staying at the same place as I am, so we should have the chance of a good visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment