Friday, May 16, 2014

Man oh man!!

What a week. I just came in from covering everything as there is to be frost for the next three nights. Actually I was out most of the day putting plants back into the greenhouses and preparing for the big coverup procedure.This included going down to the rental storage shed to get a box of old sheets. Once into the shed I realized that the floor was covered with water and boxes on the floor were wet. I immediately called the owner (we had water last year and two wooden cabinets had to be thrown out as water logged at bottom and the pressed wood was falling apart - no real lose but just the same not necessary) .And Harry drove down to check on his cousins lot on the lake which he has been doing for last many years. The door to the trailer was wide open, the side of the trailer was torn apart, and the table was broken and a tree was being cut up in the yard into logs. He came home called the cousin in Hamilton, to see what he wanted us to do ie call police? The cousin said he would come up tonight or tomorrow and not to call police as they wouldn't do anything anyway. So we went out there to tape the door shut, and the wall so water wouldn't get in. On way home the owner of the storage unit called and we met him at unit. He will install a false floor with pallets and pressed board over them to create a rise of about 4 inches - we will help because our stuff has to be moved out and in as he progresses with laying pallets. He said I will only have to pay half the rent for the next month because of the inconvenience - wow, how considerate haha.  This week also I got a call from house insurance broker to say the Inspector from our company was in town and wanted to do an in house inspection.to update the policy information. Well, you can imagine my response. They want to take a picture of the electrical panel, the heating system and check all the smoke alarms.  I begged off for now, but I have to call the broker next week - she said she could come and look another time. he he ha ha. What a joke, as no one could even walk around in here let alone find the panel and baseboard heaters. Don't know how this will turn out.....?
So as this was my first attempt to get into blog in some time, I was so happy to see your pictures and message.You have also been busy this week. It certainly is different looking than previous decor but I think nice and bright and cheery. I'm sure you will love it. Did you also buy new towels etc to match - I think I recall you mentioning this?
Tomorrow we go Midland auction again - open house for their new bigger and better store. We are taking a cheese and cracker tray for the open house so Harry was busy getting that ready today. He is still contributing items to go up for auction and also buying some items for himself. We took a load the last time we went so are not taking any items this time.
I came in tonight after covering up and felt like a drink while I checked the blog. Nothing here...oh my, what shall I do?  It sounds as if I was desperate which I was not, as haven't been having much to drink lately, but I remembered a small 50 ml bottle of Forty Creek Canadian Whisky I had in my cabinet. Sure enough, it was there and so I poured it over ice into a nice old fashioned glass, and sit here sipping as I type.
So that's my life for now....hope you folks are having as much fun as I.  I just raised my glass in a toast to us all ( and for a win in the lottery tonight!)  Enjoy this Victoria Day holiday weekend  and Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment