Thursday, May 1, 2014

Expensive day

but I think we have finished the shopping.  I started the day getting my new hearing aid.  It is very much like the old one, an in-the-ear digital.  However, it does things automatically that I either couldn't do, or had to do myself, with the old one.  Then my new chair was delivered.  While he was here, the salesman ( Yes, he delivered it himself) told me that, if I could get a prescription, he wouldn't have to charge me GST ($72), and that I would be able to claim the expense on this year's taxes.  Then it was off to the bank to sort out and pay all of the bills.  Finally, we started looking for a new Ott light to use in the living room.  We expected a long search, but David actually found a whole nest of them in Canadian Tire.  So now we have all of the pieces, and we just have  to take a few minutes to organize them to best advantage.  This means bringing my needlework equipment up stairs and trying things out.

The next couple of days should be fairly quiet, except I have to see the doctor today about the prescription, and if he grants me one, hand deliver it to the store just off route 90.  On the weekend, I am planning to attend the Spring Art Show of one of my art groups, and work in the hands-on display area helping people make Artists' Trading Cards (ATC's).  I have a bag packed of some of my own ATC's in progress, so I can just sit there and bead, should my help not be needed.  But, I'll be at the front of the line, should anyone want to trade.

I assume we aren't hearing from Beth because of the recent world wide problems with Internet Explorer.  I know hackers just see the process as a challenge, but the frustrations that it can cause the "little guy" are significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment