Monday, May 26, 2014

Has summer arrived yet?

Beautiful weather here right now and hoping you folks are enjoying the same? It is fun to get outside and putter about doing this and that. As Harry plants more and more tomatoes into pots, I am trying to fix up some of the previously neglected flowerbeds in the yard, Doesn't seem like making any headway, but then I guess in the long run it is starting to look a bit better. I haven't even started  to putout the ornaments that I stored under tarps on the picnic tables over winter but I'll gradually get there! This morning a friend from Sprucedale (neighbours of Harry's Mother who helped keep an eye on  her) came by and Harry had some tomatoes and pepper plants ready to give him for his garden. We have always given him some each year. And he brought a bag of apples for us which was always their habit! 
How was the concert with Gillian Pati - I trust you finally got the tickets as per your last message? It would be a treat to go and see her perform - they grow up so quickly and who knows for how long she may continue.
I ran into a previous working mate this morning at the bank and she thought maybe we should go golfing  sometime. She had given me a gift of golf balls when I retired from CCAC in 2007 with an invitation to go with her, but of course I never followed up.  I don't think it will ever happen, but then maybe I shouldn't dismiss it too quickly either. My golf clubs and cart are now in the storage shed but at least I still have them as old as they are haha! Cathy you get out at least once a year don't you and have a great time!
Well, bed time and try to rest up as I am sure I'll be back into the garden at break of day haha! I too, have not been sleeping well. I wake up from a restless sleep every hour or so and then takes me about the same time to fall back into another restless sleep. Oh well........
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment