Monday, May 19, 2014

Reading vs writing

I've been reading everyday, but this cold has taken every ounce of energy out of me.  I thought I was getting better on Thursday, but Friday night it hit again.  I stayed in bed until 11 this morning.  I'm not sure I slept, but I know I wasn't really awake.  I had a nap on Saturday afternoon and again on Sunday.  I still don't have my voice back,but at least I can blow my nose now.  Last night a friend came over about 9pm.  His grandchildren were out and he had bought a box of fireworks to set off. (for some reason they frown on setting them off in town) He did ask us earlier, hence my nap yesterday.  I made it until they left, but I was ready for bed by then.  Unfortunately, 2 of the dogs ran away, and we were out calling them for quite a while.  I had to give up and go to bed, cause I had no voice at all left.   Jim is not sure when they got home, but at least they came back. We were at the funeral of another friend on Friday.  Since I met Jim and started going down to the Legion, there are only Jim and Elsie left of the people that sat at the round table.  That makes me the 3rd most senior person (in time not age)  That is almost frightening.  The funeral was quite nice.  It had a couple of jokes that got people laughing and Jim (the deceased) bought everyone a drink at the lunch.  I was back and forth to work between the funeral and the lunch, cause I didn't go to the graveside.  I have to go back to work at 9 am next Sunday, but at least I have the rest of the week off (I hope..... last time I had a week off I had to go back 1/2 way through)  They are increasing the fees next week so I have to go in on Sunday and make sure everything is updated in the accounting program.  It shouldn't take very long.  We are ready to put our garden in, but the weather just won't cooperate.  We are finally getting temperatures above zero, but we are under a heavy rain statement.  At least we live on sand and it should be gone by the end of the week.  Last year we had the garden in by the beginning of May. Of course it was a complete failure last year so maybe this is a sign.  We are still going to Saskatchewan in July, so I have a holiday to look forward too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment