Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saturday--you say it's Saturday??!!

What happened to Thursday and Friday?? Yep--it's been that sort of week.

When I first opened the computer yesterday, there was a message from Paypal saying they had made a payment.  Very official,  addressed to me by name, every thing appeared quite Kosher, but of course it wasn't.  So a lengthy time spent trying to get into Paypal customer service, but finally successful.  Then time contacting Paypal suspicious e-mail investigation service, followed by a call to Mastercard, to make sure my credit card hadn't been compromised.  There is still a chance they might have been trying to plant a virus, but I'm told it was far more likely they were looking for passwords, or maybe banking info ( we don't bank on line) I did change my PayPal password though.

But, things are getting done.  Amber and I have decided to sell our china, which has been in my garage since we moved in here.  Amber is doing the research, and she and David had arranged to take pictures yesterday, but somehow I missed the message.  I can't remember Thursday, but we had run out of food, so David and I set off yesterday morning to shop, only to get a message from Amber that she was on the way! We negotiated a meeting time, and David and I hurried off to our first stop, hoping to get done there before meeting Amber.  Very busy, very frustrating, but we rushed through and made it home only 5 minutes late.  Amber showed up almost immediately, and the two of them went out to the garage and started unpacking china.  I just managed to get the meat put in the fridge and the ice cream in the freezer when they called me out, because there were pieces that neither one of them could identify.  Amber was on a deadline, but we got the pictures taken and then she left.  So we immediately headed out to our second store on the list, wanting to  get there before rush hour.

Finally home just before 4:00 and we realized that we hadn't really eaten all day, so in the middle of the chaos  of groceries and general mess in the kitchen, we had a supper of b-b-q chicken from the store. After we got the groceries put away, we both were too beat for any more and vegged out for the rest of the evening. Just before bed I realized that we had forgotten to order some of my pills, and I was seeing the effects of having missed my diuretics for two days.  So the roller coaster starts again this morning.

On the up side, I found some towels that match my bathroom very well, and hope to pick up a bathmat today.  The things you look forward to once you're over 60!  Buying a bathmat--WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment