Saturday, May 3, 2014

Weekends off

I find that a couple of days going somewhere or doing something different, can make all the difference, whether you are working or not.  I'm sorry that your work doesn't seem to be improving.  You don't have much control over most of that. and that just makes the situation worse.

Wilderness Edge is the old staff house for AEC, and was never considered a hotel.  It's unfortunate that you were expecting better amenities.  When we were there last fall they still had the Hydro using it as a staff house.  I had booked one of the handicapped rooms, and the bathroom had been fairly recently renovated, so there was no problem for us.  (Your tale made me think of the trailer David and I first lived in.  We complained to ourselves, about the small bathtub, and only found out when we moved, that it was really a shower stall.)The doors are locked at 10:00 because there is no staff on duty at night, so it isn't so much as a curfew, as it is a security measure.  The grocery store next door also has a liquor outlet, and is really the only game in town, except for the bar at the motel, which is a bit of a dive.

In any case, I'm really glad you are having fun, which was probably the whole idea anyway.

I brought the piece I bought at the gallery in Selkirk home today.  We have decided that it will go in my bathroom, but that the wallpaper will have to go and the walls painted.  David wants to start pulling down the wallpaper right now, but I worry that the whole job will loose momentum, if we don't have the paint selected and ready to go.  I have a very particular colour in mind, taken from the tiles that we can't change.  This means bringing home samples to aid in selection.  Not a big chore, but one that I'll have to do.

Today was spent at the local art group Spring Show and Sale.  They had set aside a special area for children to make ATC's and I took my albums and cards, and something to work on for demo's.  It was very well received, and I will be going back tomorrow.  One of the ladies saw my cards and told me that there is an group that gets together for lunch once a month and exchanges ATC's.  I hope to get more info from her tomorrow and maybe follow-up on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment