Monday, May 19, 2014

You are off this week!

Hey, that's a good feeling. Hope the weather and your cold will cooperate That is, your cold will be gone, and the weather will be nice. I shall plan to have a fire sometime this week and pretend we are all seated around having fun! I expect I shall be spending a great portion of my week in the garden.as it is time to get things planted. I worked a bit on my little herb garden today. Planted basil, dill and chives. I like this little space that I call my own, although Harry bought another rose bush and planted it in the middle of this space- that's OK as I love roses and I know he bought it for me!  We were out to the Nursery this morning and bought wave petunias and they are now in the hanging baskets. Last year they looked really nice most of summer so hoping that will be the case again.. Did nothing to prepare for tonight as I have great hopes things will not get too cold but I can always get up early and spray if the temperatures plunge. I undressed all the plants today and folded the sheets and put them into boxes - waiting and ready for the next frost. Moving plants from the greenhouse and found a toad curled up in one of the containers. So I carried him to my garden and let him down to wander off on his own. I must remember to keep an eye out for him!  Time for bed. I managed to get the linens changed and wash done today in between outside work, so a nice bath and fresh bed awaits me ! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment