Friday, May 16, 2014

Life on a treadmill

The bathroom is finished.  We hung my new picture yesterday.  I think it's going to take a little getting used to.



It is a mixed media collage of flowers, by a friend, Margaret Korlak.  As you can see, the wall paint reads as more blue than green, but I have to wonder if the brighter green of the plant and the shower curtain tend to  contribute to that.  However it matches the lightest colour in the coloured tiles on the wall below.  I had really thought that everything was done, after I washed out all of the cupboards and drawers, but this morning I realized that every surface in the house is covered with a very fine layer of plaster dust.  It will probably take the rest of the weekend to take care of that.

I'm slowly regaining control of the rest of the house.  When David is working so hard, I try to make sure he has a decent supper, so we've been eating well, but tonight we are making do with chili.  Why, you ask.  Because if I don't get a few minutes creating, I think my soul will start to shrivel up--although yesterday, I did get most of my stuff from last weekend put away.  Since today is launder day, and i don't want to make any extra trips up or down the basement stairs, I should be able to find a few minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment