Saturday, May 24, 2014

poor night

For some reason I had a poor night last night, but with chemical help, around 5:30, was able to sleep in until about 10:30.  Then I could hear some sort of banging and clanging, which I assumed was the neighbour, as our bedroom window is just off their driveway.  I was quite annoyed as these neighbours have never done a thing in their yard, and to do it on the one morning I was trying to sleep, just wasn't right!  Finally I gave up the battle, and looked out the window to discover the fellow who had started the stucco on our garage, last fall, had returned to finish the job!  This is the last of the work we had planned with money from the lake and comes at exactly same the time as the money runs out.  Talk about planning!!

Amber and Jessica were over yesterday.  Jessica is struggling a bit at school, and Amber is thinking of getting her some tutoring over the summer, but that costs $$$.  So David and I brainstormed a bit last night and this morning I suggested to Amber that she try to sell all of the "good" dishes that we have stored in the garage, over the internet.  So Amber is busy doing internet research this morning, and David went out to clear off his work bench in the garage, so that we could take pictures.  There was a lot of clearing off to do, but it must have gone well, as when I looked out the window the lion was dozing under the bird bath.  We normally have our "Lion Ceremony" on the May long weekend, and I had been thinking about him.  But I've always said that when I see him out there, I know that everything is going to be alright.  Finding pleasure and peace in small things--right?

Loren has been quite sick for the past week plus--off work and spending his days in bed with pneumonia.  We have been trying to figure out ways to get the ticket to Gillian's dance recital from him to me, as the recital is tomorrow evening.  But he is now feeling a little better and will try to drop it off this afternoon.  So I get to see both my children within two days.  Another small pleasure to treasure.

So all and all, it looks like I will have many things to be grateful for today.  but the day is young and I won't choose which things right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment