Thursday, May 29, 2014

Cool mornings

Funny weather with hot summery days but when getting up it is actually cold feeling.It was actually 5 degrees outside this morning.  I always fear freezing but silly to think that  these days with plus 20 temps during day to be concerned. No way one could cover up at night so would have to gt out early to spray.
I ventured to the Insurance office yesterday to follow up with house inspection. I had four pictures of the fuse box in hand, as well as my record of smoke alarms in the house and dates of current battery changes. She took these and mentioned other items that the Inspector had looked for. So I have to take more pictures of the front of house and back of house. He looks for dangers related to liability eg stairs railings and patio railings for security of falling.etc  We have no railings at front door - have been off for years. So I shall take more pictures!
We tackled the eavestroughs yesterday but must complete today as didn't get finished totally. Cleaning and caulking and strong worded conversation! Great fun! It would be nice to NOT have water accumulate but will wait to see results of efforts when rain comes. If worst comes to worst Harry states we will put up new eavestroughs - that is the "we" of Harry and me! More great fun in the offing?
I bought a case of beer for Harry yesterday but took the opportunity to check out the price of Rickards Red Cathy. I thought that I might buy some to have at home so Icould have one "with you' on occasion. It is $22.95 a 12 pack in The Beer Store. Does this equate with what you pay in Man? I didn' t buy any but it was a thought haha
First picking of rhubarb yesterday - exciting times! I made one batch of rhubarb pineapple jam for me. And one rhubarb kuchen that Harry likes. So much rhubarb this year which is good as I have to also satisfy Mike's wish for rhubarb lattice pie, and also rhubarb cake -a special recipes I make that he loves (and so do I).  I am about to have a piece of toast with my fresh jam on now so I shall see if it meets my satisfaction. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment