Monday, May 12, 2014

Arg-h-h-h-h!

Came home to total chaos.  You would think someone had let a hoard of starving buffalo loose in the house.  David ran into trouble on Saturday, and we are back to trying to hide the old tile adhesive.  We ( the "royal "we") had thought that he would be able to prime on Saturday and paint on Sunday, but he has reverted to filling and sanding, and the whole house is covered with plaster dust.  A lot of it was around before, and he has now covered most of the bathroom with plastic, but it may be a bit of "too little, too late". With all of the equipment and electrical cords, I'm terrified of tripping and falling ( as happened in my last two major falls) But right now I look around and feel quite overwhelmed.  I am having to use the bathroom in the basement, and when you have to "pee" every twenty minutes and have difficulty with stairs, this constitutes a major problem.

I did enjoy the weekend.  The workshop was something fairly new, but within my comfort level.  Saturday evening was spent at my friend Vivian's along with another lady and a couple.  A potluck supper, and an evening of conversation-something I haven't done in quite awhile.  I slept well and then it was back to painting again.  There was no teacher the second day, and we worked collaboratively. David has emptied my suitcase, but it would be good to get my stuff put away today.

But now it's back to reality.  I have a physio appointment today, to see if they can devise a program that might minimize the loss of range of motion in my knees. A bit of grocery shopping in hopes of being able to put a supper together, then home to empty the dishwasher that I ran on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment