Friday, April 10, 2015

An adventure??

Maybe not, but a more interesting day than expected.

First, the mail person  arrived bright and early with a package for me.  It turned out to be two books I had loaned to a university student years ago, and had forgotten about.  It included one book that I had thought I loaned to a former friend, and would never see again.  I'm sure glad I never followed up and challenged my friend about it.

Next, Safeway had toilet paper on sale.  Whoopee!  Off to Safeway.  Now, which to buy.  Regular had written on it "15 double rolls =30 single rolls.  The environmental type just said "15 rolls". Both the same price and the rolls appeared to be the same size.  We bought the regular, but I feel guilty.

Then off to the fabric store to buy 1/4" fusible web.  This is hard to find. I usually buy two packages at the local quilt show,every two years.  But this brand is very hard to find, and I use it, and it was on sale for 55%off!  So we bought 3 packages, then on the way home discussed how I still had some left from the quilt show almost two years ago--a good indication of how my productivity has been off the last couple of years.

Then to the sewing machine dealer where my big machine has been for repair for almost a week.  My old machine is fine as a back-up, but the big machine has features that I really rely on, and miss.  And Bonus--no charge!

Finally arriving home we had to maneuver around a truck and trailer that was trying to turn the corner off of our street.  A few minutes later it was back, and parked in front of the house. David had to investigate and found out he was doing spring yard clean-up for the wine loving neighbour.  Negotiations. Now we are having our yard, including flower beds cleaned up--for only $70 (cash, of course)  Worth every penny.  David finds that particular job very difficult, and I hate to see him struggle with it--even if he may need the exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment