Saturday, April 25, 2015

Animals are so special for us

Our life with animals reminds me very much of the little poem I cut out when first had my children. I think the words apply as well to the pets we now have filling our hearts and homes :

I'll lend you for a little time
A child of mine, he said:
For you to love the while she lives
and mourn when she is dead
It may be six or seven years,
Or twenty-two,or three
But will you, 'till I call her back,
Take care of her for me.

It goes on for a few more stanzas but speaks to the love we have and give, and the rewards gained in our lives for it and for them.
I am sorry you are having to endure this right now but you have very right to mourn now......

But shall the angels call for her 
Much sooner than we planned
We shall brave the bitter grief
That comes and try to understand .

Our lives are complete with our animals about. I share the enjoyment they bring - I have my 'old'
cat (20 years?) that I cherish but whose quality of life I must always assess -not for me, but for him.
Having your VET come to the house is a real bonus for you - thinking of you all. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment