Thursday, April 9, 2015

Limbo

I think that describes the way things are right now.  We are sort of drifting along waiting for something to happen.  Part of that is finding new books at the library.  I found a new book by J.A. Jance, in her Ali Reynolds series.  I couldn't put it down--literally--and now David has read it.  So it looks like it's back to the library today to find more.  I've read just about all of her books, and especially like her series about the female Arizona sheriff, Joanna Brady.   Her J. P. Beaumont books are good too, although a little more gritty than the others.  The series are each better read in order, even if each book can stand alone.

My friend, Dianne, was to have come over on Monday, to spend the afternoon in the studio with me, but her husband was ill that day and she had to work in their business. By that time we had dusted, tidied, and vacuumed the main floor, so that job was done for the week.  And since we are now putting everything in the dishwasher, even the kitchen doesn't need as much attention. 

So we sit and read, and then suddenly realize how much time has passed.  Yesterday, I suddenly saw that it was 11:35, and I was still in my nightie, even though I was supposed to be at a meeting at the Art Club for 12:00.  Between the two of us, I made it in time.

We ignored the snow we've had the past few days, and most of it has melted.  It is a little warmer, and now you can see people, mainly older appearing men, probably retired,  raking lawns.  Evidently they have reduced the street sweeping budget this year, so our street is unlikely to be swept.  For some reason the area in front of our house and toward the corner gets sanded quite frequently, so it has built up a bit.  

Today, I hope to get some time in the studio ( not if I get a new library book  lol).  If so, there will be pictures.  And for supper, a chicken and rice casserole.  On Sunday we roasted one of the chickens that Cathy got for us, last fall, and this will be the end of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment