Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Here comes the snow....

Threatening all day and I see it is starting now. Good! I was looking forward to a nice snow fall (Not!) Harry has a batch of fruit leathers in the dehydrator so I am sitting up a bit longer before heading for bed when I shall turn the machine off for the night.
Today I sewed a new zipper into my old winter jacket. I like this one as it is a bit fancy and with a huge furry hood but before Christmas the zipper broke and I could not wear it. I bought another rough looking one that has done me since then. I assumed I would have to get rid of the other but after a really good look I decided to try to sew in a new one. I bought a zipper at Fabricland when I was last in North Bay. I pulled out my machine manuals and read through what foot to use etc. It work out just fine and i'm pleased with results.   The best thing is that while reading my manuals, I was surprised to see how many accessories are available for my machine. I have been watching the Bernina Videos on the The Quilt Show site and enjoying all the fancy things one can do on the machine with the attachments. I assumed it was just Bernina and was watching out of interest more than anything. Now I realize that I could do all this stuff on my Husqvarna if I had the right attachments. I may never get any but it was a happy revelation for me haha!
How are things there? Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment