Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Through rain and sleet and snow, I shall go....

What a mix of conditions I experienced today going to Huntsville and back. No problems encountered but a bit of a pain.  Had a very nice lunch and visit with Sue. She is full of stories and info about families and friends - some of the friends known to me but others not. Fortunately she sends pictures to me often so I have come to recognize family members and can visualize people and places as she recounts her tales. She has, and has had, a most interesting life. I quite enjoy my talks with her. She states that for our Fall luncheon we will try to get together with the other three gals - this means a Saturday out because the one is still working.She gave me some maple syrup from her daughter and son in laws bushes. Also a gorgeous garden ornament - an elaborately decorated owl! She seems to come bearing gifts and I usually do not - it should not bother me but it does a little. We ate at the Swiss Chalet and I had a huge spinach salad and then apple pie and ice cream for dessert. Now I am not hungry to have any supper which is just fine except I have to log in for the daily FoodDiary. I will have to fudge it a bit I guess!
So that was my day - I had looked forward to the outing and now it has happened. What shall I look forward to now?  I started a new book and I started to crochet a new shawl so I can always work on it for a bit as i can't work outside today - too miserable? And I won't need to put the greenhouses to bed as I never awakened them this morning haha ! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment