Thursday, April 2, 2015

Hot relaxing bath...

I took a page from you Cathy, and treated myself to a nice hot bath tonight. I was feeling down in the dumps these last few days so decided to shape up and get over it!  haha! And how better than to pour a bath, have a chai latte (my favourite bath time drink) and enjoy!  So now, as I sit up and pump water out the front of the house - it is still raining here -  I will write a few words while sipping on a Galliano chaser. The snow will start to disappear quickly if this weather keeps up but as with all rain events, the water accumulates and the pump comes into action. There are three cords now going out the front window - two to the greenhouses for heaters, and now one for the pump. There is another cord going out the back of the house to a heater in the little greenhouse.  I still have to be careful where I plug things in so as not to overload the circuits and blow the fuses. It can happen as it has happened. I had to do some sewing today as Mike gave me his housecoat to fix - torn pockets and the tie holders were falling apart. I had to reinforce with some terry towel cut up and sewn at the back so the pocket could be attached in place with less fear of fraying again. He has had this housecoat for years ( we bought it for him probably 10 or twelve years ago ) and just like me, loves the feel of it - as big and as old and as tattered as it is! I also fixed up a cap he loves to wear - the rim was falling apart. Mike tries to sew things best he can, as Erin is not a repair kind of person. So maybe I will be useful for him for many years to come?? haha!  I really love to get to the sewing machine and sure wish I could do more sewing just for fun and when ever I wanted!  I have several books with patterns where I could use up all those 2 and 21/2 inch squares. I don't need to follow the patterns directly, but looking at books keeps my mind working and wondering, and planning so many projects!  The only difference between Pati and her musings, and my imaginary plans, is that she actually does something about them. Good for you, and keep coming with your stories and pictures. as it is what keeps me going Pati! Haven't worked on my hexis for awhile but still have the big Styrofoam board in the back room with the hexis pinned to it and often take a moment to gaze at it thinking how nice it will be finished. I shall have to send a picture soon and send it to let you know I am actually making it!
Well, time to pump some more - I may be up for awhile as it is still raining nicely. In meantime, my best wishes to all for a Happy Easter. Take care XX

No comments:

Post a Comment