Friday, April 17, 2015

Come one, come all.....

Just decided it will be a "fire night" by the pit tonight to celebrate Spring. It will be my first fire, and I have being waiting with great anticipation for the snow to melt away from my special little area in the yard.
You are all invited to come and sit and palaver with me. BYOB as I have nothing except some delicious coffee or tea! I do have marshmallows though!
I was out all afternoon - shoveling gravel off the road into boxes and storing for now in the canvas shed. These will be used for next winter to pour on the icy sidewalks around the house. The town had swept the roads to the sides of the curbs, and soon the hired trucks will come and clean it all up and rinse the roads.Before that I have managed to capture enough dry sand for my use.It worked wonderfully well last year so why not continue with this way to save $ rather than buying sand/salt bags, and helping to do cleanup at same time.I also raked half the side yard and put leaves etc into bags to take to the dump.
And so the cleanup begins and the outside finally becomes accessible - a great sense of relief - finally I can get out and fuss about!
So I'll see you later this evening in my backyard?.........Take care  (You will be there, believe me..... in spirit)

No comments:

Post a Comment