Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Meeting with friends

We met with the friends from Petawawa yesterday on their travels west to Winnipeg. They sold their house and furnishings and have moved lock, stock and barrel to a yet unknown location in Winnipeg. We met at the Food Court at the Mall, had a nice relaxing time talking and eating I had a terrible greek salad that was awful but I managed to pick at it while listening to all the conversations. We got some pictures, traded promises to keep in touch, promised to call her when I come to Winnipeg at end of year and then away we all went in our separate direction. Cheryl and I met in Victoria and developed a nice relationship while living close, and always seemed to keep it going across the miles but without ever seeing each other because of the distances. Living in Petawawa would have been manageable for a days visit but I never did. How many times we drove Mike back and forth and yet I never made contact with her at those times. Now she will be living in Winnipeg...sigh!
Hotter temps now so the outside work will be possible - expect that with all Harry's plans for today, I shall be busy haha  I should have another coffee now while I can and take stock!  We were also able to visit with Mike and Erin yesterday - had a coffee and visit. Mike was off, and Erin was just going into do an evening shift at McDonalds. She is getting some teaching work but not much. With Mike working 12 hour shifts and she working odd hours, their life is rather hectic but they seem to go with the flow nicely.
So the morning begins....Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment