Monday, April 13, 2015

My day

Thank you for all your best wishes. I just reread them all and I am still beaming!
 Last evening I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner out. I love this little restaurant -great ambiance, cheerful staff and all clientele interacting together. It was fun, and I had a lovely meal including a dish of bread pudding with caramel sauce for dessert! Today I went to North Bay. Dropped off the boxes of fabric and had a cup of tea with this lady while she started to open some boxes- oohs and aahs as she was deciding what she was going to do with each little piece. I know the fabric is in good hands now.
Now for my exciting things to do for me today: Last year I won (off the radio station) a gift certificate for $100.00 at a Wool Store. At the time, I went in but bought nothing. Today I went back and asked if they would still honour it (dated Feb 2014) and since there was no expiry date on it the lady said sure. I had already chosen a pattern or three from my Shawl books so chose some wool (gorgeous soft green colour) for one of the crochet shawl patterns. I still have a small balance left with the store so will plan to use it up as soon as I can. Then I went to DavidsTea store and took advantage of a free cup of tea offer I got when I joined - I chose a hot Chai Tea. Then I went to Coles and got 500 Plum extra points for my birthday. I had to buy something in order to receive the points ( oh no!) so chose a beautiful book mark of an OWL ( $ 4.98). When I got back home there were cards waiting for me that had come in the mail. And a German chocolate cake that had been bought at the local Foodland! What more could I ask for haha!
Now time to retire - read a bit and then to bed. Tomorrow we go again to Midland - Harry successfully purchased some coins in the Auction that ended last night so we shall drive to pick them up. Wednesday I shall join my friend Sue for Lunch at the Swiss Chalet in Huntsville.
So all and all a wonderful day! Thanks again for your thoughts and greetings. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment