Friday, September 4, 2015

Another adventure?

Got up this morning, Stopped in the bathroom and headed for the kitchen, where I found David waving a flyer from the paper, at me.  Superstore had Chapman's Ice cream bars on sale.  Gotta go and get there early, before they were gone.  I had a coupon from Micheal's and had planned to go on my own and borrow their scooter and just cruise around the store, as it is new in our part of town.  Well, grab some clothes and off we go--no breakfast--no tea.  We found the ice cream bars about 2 seconds before another older couple did, each grabbed six ( yes, six!) boxes--the limit, and headed for the checkout.  Unfortunately that left about 3 boxes of unpopular varieties for the other couple.  Do I feel guilty?  Na-a-ah.

Considering that the heat and humidity were through the roof, David dropped me off at Micheal's, and headed home with the ice cream, and then came back for me.  I had enough time to get through most of the store, and used my coupon for a large ( 24" X 36") sketch book of newsprint for some free sketching lessons I hope to be able to attend over the next couple of months.  This is the size of paper I use for my art quilt patterns, in any case.  Than back home where I spent about 1 1/2 hours sorting out the next meeting of my Tuesday Stitchers  ( One lady can't attend the next meeting as she is off on a cruise down the west coast of N. America and through the Panama Canal--poor thing)  Interesting lady.  She and her husband, a retired academic, live frugally, but travel extensively.

Watched my afternoon tv show, and then went to lie down, when the heavens opened amidst great sound and fury. We had been through a terrible thunder and lightening show around 2:00 this morning--enough to wake us and keep us awake, and this was more wind, thunder and rain, but the lightening less noticeable.  Evidently there is more forecast for tonight.  But the heat an humidity continue, so we still have the A/C on.  All of this meant that I didn't get to the library this afternoon,and now have next to nothing to read over the long weekend.  I may have to do housework!

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment