Sunday, September 27, 2015

Exciting times---for someone

Cathy, I sometimes think you have more adventures than any of us.  You even get to interact with people on a regular basis!  And you even get to see your grand baby--as a baby.  I can't remember what that was like.

Yesterday was my alcohol ink workshop, and for some reason, I came away a little dis-satisfied.  I had taken the workshop last spring and had to leave for a couple of hours in the middle of it.  My hope was that I would come away with the knowledge of how to make landscapes that I missed last time.  Didn't happen.  Thinking about it I realize that the instructor had moved on in her own journey and the class she taught yesterday reflected the direction her work has taken--as it should.  So, maybe the flaw is in me.  This left me thinking about what I had wanted to accomplish by taking yet another workshop.  Oh, oh--too much thinking isn't good for me.

Today was to have been the get-together of my ATC group.  I had one of the worst nights ever, at one point waking to pain indicative of a severe bladder infection. Shortly after getting up I realized that the ATC meeting was just not going to happen.

Yesterday I was confused about the time my class started and got there an hour early, even the building was locked.  So David and I went over to a small, sort of sad, Farmers' Market a couple of blocks away.  David bought two tomatoes and a huge bag of green beans, just for me.  Today we had to freeze the beans.  The money we spent on the beans, two hours of labour for both of us, and I ended up with 7 servings of beans.  But I know I'll enjoy them.

But now it's time for my nap.  Actually, it's time for me to lay down before I fall asleep sitting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment