Monday, September 7, 2015

Parsley

When the children were young, in the fall, I would, sometimes, dry parsley for use over the winter.  That day the house smelled wonderful!  Or maybe I was high on parsley fumes?

I've never made relish, of green tomatoes or anything else.  It's not something we use, but I think you sometimes make it Cathy? My tomato memory was when we lived on Woodside, and had room to grow tomatoes.  Every fall, around the end of October, while David would drive his father to Florida,  I would spread the tomatoes in front of the patio doors to try to ripen them a bit for freezing or making sauce. All those tomatoes all over the family room floor--funny now, not then.  

And I certainly remember the year we all made Salsa!

Yesterday, David dug into the cake mixes I had stock piled in the basement.  I guess it's been awhile, maybe since the girls stopped coming over for Sunday supper, four years ago, but most of them are woefully out of "best before" date.  I can see a lot of cake in my future.

I've been fretting for awhile about where to go for a "Ladies' Luncheon" while everyone is here in December.  Then I remembered how much I enjoy my monthly luncheons at the Pony Corral, and decided that would be a great place to take everyone. There is a well rounded menu, and I have never been disappointed in anything I've tried. so everybody plan for that on the 29th.  Bring your daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment