Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Emotions

I've had three experiences lately where I became emotional about something I saw or read.  I'm wondering if these were legitimate emotions or if my age is making me less inhibited.

The first was a book  "A Finer End" by Deborah Crombie.  It was basically one in a series of "who-dun-its" she has written.  The locale was Glastonbury in England the site of a huge abbey that was destroyed during the reign of Henry VIII, and Glastonbury Tor, an ancient Druid, or earlier, place of worship.  Her characterizations were so good that I found myself totally empathizing with the people, and the situations they found themselves in.  I found it a very powerful book.

Next was an episode of Dr; Phil--I know, I know, but hear me out.  It was a very private interview ( not in front of an audience) between him and a young woman who had been attacked and had her 7 month fetus taken from her. The interview concerned how she has coped emotionally with the situation and how she views herself, and her future, in view of it. I almost wept.  What strength to see in a very young, fragile appearing woman!

Then tonight, we went to see the movie "The Gift".  The  reviews have been excellent, but have also hinted that, although on the surface it appears to be an old reliable stalker movie, it is anything but.  Wow!  I felt totally e meshed with a couple of the characters, and equally surprised at where the plot took us.  And some of the acting blew me away.

I don't know where I'm heading with all of this.  I guess that being somewhat "normal", and leading somewhat "normal" lives is perhaps something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment