Thursday, September 10, 2015

First zucchini, and then books....

I actually looked into some cookbooks, but I could not come up with a recipe for you to stuff and freeze, and I do not have one in my head as I have not made it this way. I love my zucchini small, and sliced and fried. And then I dip it to eat into my homemade ketchup. Yum!  I hope you have found a recipe already?
I am happy again to be reading something I might actually enjoy.  I slipped into the Library yesterday and surprise, found the first book in the series of 3 books called The Guardian Series by Jack Whyte. He is the same author who wrote The Templar Trilogy that  I recently finished and loved.  I have been struggling to read a Wilbur Smith novel called Dessert God and am halfway through but with little enthusiasm. I started this new book last night but just the introduction, so now am anxious to get to bed to start it in earnest. Another historical novel as is all three of this series. The first is about William Wallace of Scotland. (remember the movie Braveheart - it was about Wallace.)
Today we went to Midland to pick up an item Harry bought on the last Auction. On the way back we pass a spot on the Highway with food stores - New York Fries, a Deli, Subway, a specialty burger place called Webers, and of course Tim Hortons.. Harry always likes a Subway so that's what I got him, but this time around I opted for a treat - a Tim's coffee and an Everything bagel with herb/garlic cream cheese. Great!
Tomorrow if it does not rain as it is calling for rain, I have a list a mile long of things to do in the yard. The temps are starting to get lower at night so there is a "panic" on now to get all the produce in, and planting/transplanting done.I started a book with a list of all the things to be done for the fall in prep for winter - I am already on page five with items - and I haven't done any of them yet! What a hoot!  That's wrong, I have most of the indoor plants indoor now. So that's a start, right.?
Hey, time to get that book out. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment