Thursday, September 10, 2015

Panic

There just might be a little panic in your future.  It's been quite cold around here for the past couple of days--enough so that turning the furnace on has been considered and rejected.  After all it's just mid-September and far too early to consider heat!  Almost freezing last night, we have a couple of quilts on the bed, and have brought out the sweat jackets and winter underwear.

We seem to be just putting in time around here.  We're doing just enough around the house to keep things tidy  and clean, and then I'm in the studio working on my latest piece.  Did I mention that shortly after finally cleaning my fridge, I made Cathy's B-B-Q pork.  I got it all ready and put it in the fridge to marinate, not realizing that there was a hole in the bag. Yep, red stuff all over the the fridge, and I mean all over, as we didn't find it until it was time to bring it out and cook it.  At least, it tasted good, as always.

Amber has told me that Jessica has been asking about family.  Many of her friends have family close by and spend time playing and visiting with cousins.  I was thinking about getting out the family tree that we have tucked away somewhere, and showing it to her.  Not that any of the people we knew as McGrath cousins would have any meaning to her, but it might give her an idea of her place in her own, and our, generations.  Actually the Findlay and Hughes family trees I have are much better researched, but there is still quite a bit of information about the McGraths.  I'l have to see if I can find the documents.  The ones I had came from Auntie Lorraine and cousin Eileen Nordstrom Hawrysh.  Maybe when everyone comes to visit we could up date them a bit.  I'm not sure Jim is there and certainly not Little Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment