Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I'm loving the story...

It is fun to log on and see another post with story and pictures. But we're at Friday now, and I am sorry there's only two more days to read about. Hope there is a wonderful story to tell about Saturday?
The big greenhouse was 'fired up" yesterday to much to do about this and that. And tonight it will be in minus 20's again. Fortunately we only have the heater and one planted window box actually in the greenhouse - the rest of the plantings are all hanging around inside the house waiting.  
I couldn't get the front door open first thing this morning- build up of ice around the edges?? Tried the hairdryer and finally able to pry it open. Poor Scobby was waiting patiently (not really!) for her morning pee. The back doors were also stuck with ice so this morning I spent several hours with hairdryer and kitchen knife getting them opened up. I secure them for the winter with blankets and sometimes tape and we usually don't try to open them until it is warmer. But I fear not being able to get out of the house if the front door is giving me such grief right now. Always something eh?
I took out another Louise Penny Gamache novel yesterday - I went on the net and wrote down a list of all the Gamache books in order of publication and decided to start reading again from the beginning. I've read about half of them but all the most recent  - this one I have now is the first one. So here we go......

No comments:

Post a Comment