Monday, February 8, 2016

Nice to see you back Pati

Looking forward to the mail and info on your trip. I had actually gone on line when you first mentioned your trip and location, and viewed a map displaying the extent of the causeway to the island resorts. It will be interesting to see more.
Speaking of interesting....we toured a hydroponics greenhouse specializing in greens - lettuce, kale, bok choy etc.  this morning. These are the folks that run the Springhill Farms where we buy during the summer especially the blueberries I tell you about.  They built a huge new greenhouse last summer, and have set it up as a hydroponics house. So much work has gone into revitalizing their business - they are the only business around the area doing large scale hydroponics with vegetables. Many stores and restaurants are buying the greens from them now. He spent a great deal of time explaining and demonstrating the whole process. Then we bought bags of lettuce. Pati, I bought fresh kale and it is nothing like you buy in the store. So fresh and tender. I have had a big salad and then a sandwich already to eat today and with the bags in the fridge likely will be eating this way all week! (I wonder if it would stay fresh if shipped "on the bus' haha)
Time to read. I am just about finished another Gamache novel  (Bury the Dead). and the library called this afternoon to say the book I reserved has come in - the new one The Nature of the Beast  I'll pick it up tomorrow. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment