Saturday, February 20, 2016

So--what have I been doing since we got home?

Not much!  However, we did get a humidifier installed on the furnace.  No more having huge pots of hot water slowly evaporating on the stove.  I'm also sleeping much better at night. I've been re-vamping the machine quilting class for teaching in early April.  This means making more samplers of the various techniques I plan to teach.  David has been playing Candy Crush.  When he runs out of lives, he'll sometimes sit in front of the computer reading until he gets some new ones.

But, today I attended a class on painting a Winnipeg Street Scene in Acrylics.  When I attend a class like this, I buy lunch at Tim's, as a special treat.  But today Beth bought me lunch with a gift card she gave me when she was here.  Thank you Beth.

Tonight I should get to see a new show of "The Dead Files".  And for supper I'm having Lean B-B-Q pork from the recipe Cathy gave us.  Speaking of recipes.  Many years ago I seem to remember us--at least Cathy and I--looking for a recipe for Pickled beets that came from --I think--was her name Linda, --Prior?  I'm not sure of the name.  My memory was that it was a fantastic recipe, and one that used lemon slices.  But we never found it.  Well, yesterday I found a recipe mis-filed in my box, and it uses lemon slices.  Does any one remember any of this?  I have no use for pickled beets , but maybe someone else might want to take a look at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment