Thursday, February 25, 2016

Nothing as exciting around here

Which is a good thing. because we haven't been able to get the snowblower working.  Grocery shopping today, and as always, it exhausts both of us.  I tried breaking the chore down and doing some shopping every week, but David seems to prefer doing it this way.  So today we spent $247, and bought very, very little food.  Paper products, and health and beauty aids, but minimal food.  It is my intention to try Dr. Phil's 20/20 diet.  So I've stock piled the foods that I understand I must eat, but it is a pitifully small pile!

We spend out days quietly, each at our computer.  I have been revising and re-working the class I'm to teach in early April, and decided that it was time to put it away for a few weeks.  I have the samplers I need, and maybe more than I need.  I think I just want to sew!  So I took inventory of UFO's etc, and have several projects to work on. I've tidied the up stairs studio, ready for different work, and bought the few supplies I think I'm going to need.  And now I sit and watch tv or play Candy Crush.  I just can't overcome the inertia that often possesses me this time of year. Experience also tells me that once I start working, I'll be fine.  This procrastination often means that something is wrong with the project in my mind, and my subconscious is trying to convince me to step back and re-think it.

The weather has been warm, just a few degrees below zero.  Ice and slippery streets.  But this brings thoughts of how much longer will winter last, and do we really need to fix the snowblower?  (Yes, we do.  This is Winnipeg, and who knows what tomorrow will bring.)

No comments:

Post a Comment