Sunday, February 21, 2016

Nothing worse than a .....

.....winter cold. By the sounds of it, a different strain than usual. Take care of yourselves.
I was a penguin as well!  Mild and rainy and melting all produced another strange day of shoveling water and damning up sidewalks and generally running in and out all day. And to top it off, the power went out again in the middle of the night but only for about two hours. The dog woke me up to alert me - what a good dog. I had to go out and shovel some water at the front, and then check the heater in the greenhouse to make sure it went back on - this was at 3 am this morning. 
Back to penguins - The ice was bad here yesterday as well. I emptied one box of sand and got another from the back shed to bring into the house. In the spring each year I go out onto the road and shovel up boxes of the sand the village uses over winter. I have to try to get it once it is dried and before the professional street sweeper comes around. I store it until next winter and then use it on our steps and sidewalks. Anyway, as soon as I brought this full box into the house , the bottom fell out of it. Can you imagine the mess! So I got another empty box, and carefully swept up the sand so as not to waste any. This is in between Harry carrying all the plants from the house out to the big greenhouse. With the milder temps he was tempted to make the big move. Mind you the night temps this week coming may be in the high minus teens but hoping the heater will be able to manage - I turned it up to 80 degrees and so far it is maintaining around 60 degrees inside the greenhouse. Never a dull moment. So busy that I did not have time to buy a ticket on last nights lottery draw. I feel terrible - as if in withdrawal haha!  If I can today, I plan to walk up and buy one for Wednesday night - just to be sure.
I received a call from Nielsen- the Food Survey people and signed on to start another weeks food diary but they did not send the necessary emails with the registration info. So I can't do it for today, and tomorrow I must call them to send it so I can start. I can miss a day or two apparently without penalty and losing the reward of $25.00 Visa.  I only do it for the money - so I guess I can be bought for any price, right??
Time to go - have a wash on, and need to do some dishes.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment