Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Lovely Day

First of all, I slept well last night and felt good today.  Bonus!

Then I finished the machine quilting and construction of the last small purse I plan to make for the upcoming sale.  I may make more of them in future, in fact, have several cut out ready to go.  But the best design for completing those few escapes me at the moment.  So--take a break.

Then my son took me out for "High Tea".  A lovely interval in life.  The food was very nice, and well presented, and the company wonderful.  The restaurant had an attached bakery, where the most intricate type of dainty is produced, and on our way out, we checked the bakery counter.  I was appalled by the prices, and when I thought about it, realized that we had paid almost the same price for them.  (Not that I was supposed to know, it was his treat)  It made me think about the mystique that surrounds "High Tea".  I think that, unless the surroundings are very, very special, it's an event that is somewhat over rated.  We had very special food, and the drinks were served with a slightly different flair, but the surroundings were not that special, and anyone could have come in off the street, and had the same thing, any time the place was open.
Would I do it again?  Yes, I think so.  In fact, my thought on leaving was that I would love to enjoy this with my sisters.

This evening David and I played Joke-R-Rummy and he won. 


No comments:

Post a Comment