Saturday, March 26, 2016

Like a dirty rag....

...here I am again!
This is what my daily inspirational saying told me: You can give up if something goes wrong, or you can let misfortune transform you into something better.   I don't think I'm any better, but I certainly have had my share of misfortune this last little while.   I actually think it's the rye on the rocks that I'm sipping away at that is transforming me haha. 
Best Buy reversed our computer to Win 7 and it all looks the same as when we left it. I signed on for the Geek Squad again - monthly payments this time but included is the anti virus protection of Defender. They deleted my current anti virus called Kaspersky ( only 3 months left anyway) and serviced the hard drive and cleaned up the computer ie checked for viruses etc. 
When we got home and I connected the cords ( by the way, I had drawn a picture of the back of the hard drive with all the cords labelled before I had disconnected it. This was a great help in reconnecting it) the internet and thus email was not working. I phoned the server Ontera help desk - they are only working now Mon to Friday. So no help there.  In my desperate attempt to rectify, I went into Control Panel and decided I would get it done on my own - come hell or high water. Voila! She is successful!. We both can now get onto the Internet, and email.  I don't know how - somehow through Broadbend Connection, but it's working. On Monday I'll call the Ontera help desk and check things out.
So that's my day....How are things there? I have a ticket for the Ontario 49 draw tonight - highest one can win is $2 million- but I'll take it and run haha!   To bed now and read Gamache. Hopeful that tomorrow will bring sunshine and a better day. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment