Sunday, March 20, 2016

Not much spring here

but none-the-less, I'm celebrating with a lovely (?) strawberry smoothie for breakfast, the creation of which has been a challenge.  My small blender jar was not really up to the challenge of both frozen strawberries and yogurt, and refused to blend.  We added water, and it still expressed annoyance.  Then it refused to release from the blender blades until I sought help.  David had to take the bag of ice to the basement to pound into small pieces while I tried to unscrew the lid of the jar.  I dropped it, of course, and spread strawberries and yogurt all over the floor.  By doubling the amount of water, we finally got the thing blended, but I'm still having to eat it with a spoon.

But yesterday,  I worked the full day in the studio, with appropriate breaks for meals, and a "coffee" break--generous breaks.  I finally quit about 8:45, so I could watch "Dead Files" at 9:00.  I was still feeling energetic, and would have worked longer, but forced myself to quit for the night.  I can't remember the last time I had so much energy and enthusiasm.  Certainly speaks for the diet--which promised more energy.  The weight is coming off, as well, eight pounds in three weeks.  I don't expect that to continue, at least not at that rate, but it's encouraging.  I'm spending a little more time in the kitchen, but the book warned about that.

Friday, the doctor gave me a cortisone shot in my left hip, and the pain was alleviated within hours.  He expressed that he thought it was a large bursa and not joint deterioration, and it looks like he might have been right.  Now I'm wondering if that pain relief isn't contributing to my energy and mood  improvement.

We may have to go out to buy zippers today, but otherwise, have nothing planned until Wednesday, when Loren and I are going out for "High Tea" at La Cuisson Cafe.  You may remember seeing the magazine article ( cut out-no magazine), when you were here at Christmas. He gave me a gift card, for Christmas, and we're finally finding time, as he's on holiday for the next couple of weeks.  He's in New Orleans right now, attending the finally face-to-face class  for an internet magic course he's been taking over the past few months.

Now, off to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment