Friday, March 11, 2016

Here we are at Friday again

And another week of March. Perhaps Spring is also anxious to get here and so time is flying.  You can tell when it approaches - tomorrow is the Annual Maple Tree Tapping Ceremony - the start of the Maple syrup season.  Every year one of the local Maple Syrup businesses hosts the event - lots of people and fanfare attached with it. Of course it is a time to draw in the customers as well.  It is March Break here next week and so they have horse rides and syrup on snow taffy for the kids every day etc. We always go to Harry's old friends Dave, Matthews Maple Syrup and tour, and buy some syrup.
The other day I went to North Bay and actually went into the sewing store called The Sewing Machine. This is the Husquvarna store and I had wanted to see inside for a long time. I was putting in time until I could go over to Mike's as planned- he was coming off nights and wanted to sleep until about 2 pm. So I actually had some time to myself. I was pleased with the store - had a long talk with the owner and she advised me about so many little things - especially needles. I bought two packs of "quilting" needles which she said I should be using for my sewing, and some new bobbins. She also gave me a brochure for classes they have - of course! But I can get my machine serviced there which was really what I wanted to ask about.
I also went to WalMart and got my pictures developed from the Anniversary. When I gt home I put them together into the little album I had waiting for just this purpose.  labels and accessories all planned. And then so pleased with the album, I got all emotional - food, food, food! I know that you are not supposed to feed your emotions but there you are - raisin cookies were baked. A whole tin full. Yummy!
So here's to the weekend ladies! Hope you are all OK. I am loving reading about your gorgeous Relinquary, Pati. Cathy, isn't it wonderful to see the process? Thanks Pati for the step by step. Did your Ladies like your work last night?  
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment