Friday, March 25, 2016

Update

Still here and alive - apparently survived the worst of the storm. We maintained our hydro so far. This morning I am out trying to shovel away huge chunks of ice snow. We got snow and then freezing something(?) that left a thick (about 3 inches)  heavy sheet all over the ground, and car etc. Yesterday I thought enough ahead to cover the big greenhouse with the tarp again and secured it around with cord and a few boards on top. This was to protect the roof as much as possible if lots of snow actually did come.  So far I have the driveway and car done (snowplow came early ) I am about to do the sidewalk and greenhouses. Harry wants to go into the greenhouses to check for watering and do a bit of planting - this means I need to shovel and open them up. Taking the wood and tarp off again may be a problem right now but I'll take my time. Actually I would rather be reading -the Library called yesterday that my next Gamache book was in ( The Murder Stone) - I'm reading them again in order - so I'd love to get at it. But I'll leave that for my before bed reading time. 
Long weekend to celebrate Easter. Thinking of you all. Best wishes for a Happy Easter. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment