Friday, March 4, 2016

Dieting

Thank you for thinking of support.  David has been good, even to the point of looking after his own meals, as mine are at odd hours.  I'm eating so many nuts that I'm starting to think like a squirrel.  And that means flossing after just about every meal, which may not be a bad thing.  I finish phase one today.  That means that a few more foods are added for phase two.  Well, by the time we'd finished shopping we had spent well over $100.  $32.00 just for nuts, and that was at the bulk food store.  The whole premise of the diet is that certain foods, if eaten together can facilitate weight loss, as well as provide excellent nutrition for fairly minimal intake.  As well, adding certain flavourings or seasonings can enhance the pleasure of eating.  And certain foods can help you feel full for longer periods, so you aren't so tempted to binge.  I can't argue against any of that.  I haven't felt hungry, although sometimes the clock tells me it's time to eat.  They deal with this by having 4 meals a day at certain times.

Otherwise nothing seems to be happening.  Lots of snow today, and this made the shopping trip a bit of an ordeal.  Both of us are finding this, and we haven't yet found way of dealing with it satisfactorily.  I have kept myself busy in the studio, always a bit of a refuge for me.  Today I got a call offering me an appointment for a pharmaceutical echo cardiogram.  I knew this was in the wind but had been told there was about a 6 month waiting list.  However they had a cancellation.  So off we go on Monday.  What she described does not sound appealing.

But--tomorrow is Cathy's birthday!  One year closer to retirement!  Yay! Have a great day, Cathy, and make sure you do something that gives you a sense of pleasure--no housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment