Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Today's adventure

David had an early ( to retired people!) doctor's appointment, so we were out an about early and having to deal with rush hour traffic again, after all these years.  The office was on Taylor just south of Grant Park Shopping center, and we allowed lots of time, but then got there early.  We were seen quickly, and were back on the road a few minutes before the actual appointment time!

Next off to Canadian Tire.  This diet I'm trying uses a lot of blended food, smoothies and such, and dealing with the big, heavy container of my blender is a nuisance.   We found a smaller blender, with an extra small jar, that will be much easier to use and clean.  We also picked up a new iron.  I've made a habit of buying cheap irons and replacing them when they start to become troublesome.  Research on the internet showed me that the same problems tend to re-occur no matter how much you pay for them.  However, with the Loonie being where it is, there are no more cheap irons.  I'll have to take better care of this one.

The diet is a pleasant surprise.  Some really strange foods, and strange ways of putting them together, but I feel satisfied and haven't yet felt hungry.  It means that my meals are different from David's, and even come at different times.  He's being helpful by mainly looking after himself, but I was expecting, and was willing,  to cook separate meals for us.

Part of my plan was to keep myself busy in the studio, as a distraction from the food.  One of the goals of the plan is to have a person start to eat to live, rather than the other way around.  My eating has become so restrictive, in some ways, because of medical needs, that I was probably half way there , in any case.  The only thing I seem to be missing is my daily handful ( or 2) of chocolate chips, once in awhile.  So, it's stitch, stitch, stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment