Friday, March 25, 2016

Be patient

Well, there is trouble in paradise again....with the computer that is, haha  For some reason, and there is no plausible explanation, the computer suddenly downloaded Windows 10 (from our usual Windows 7) Now, of course, everything was different and we couldn't get on email or internet. I had to solve the problem. I phoned the Geek Squad - they could do nothing short of saying "someone" had to have pressed the button to activate Windows 10. OK then, lets try to rectify the situation.  I have to take the computer into the Best Buy store and they can restore it to Windows 7 without losing any of our data. OK then I say, again, so it's Good Friday. Nothing open. So I called the Server (Ontera) support services.  I got some one who was less than happy to be working today I think - he was a little short with me. But, he did get us connected to internet and email on the Windows 10 setup. 
So I am writing this note to say that we are going to North Bay in the morning with the hard drive in my arms and desperately hoping they, at Best Buy, can do magic.  
If you never hear from me again, you will know why!  .....or, I shall write, back onto the usual screen, that all is well again. Any bets?


On a happier note, sending Best Wishes to our Birthday Boy today - Happy Birthday to Jeremy. Hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment