Tuesday, December 22, 2020

And now we wait

 So Amber and Gail got their boxes on Saturday.  Gail had been nice enough to pick up my goods at the Gift Shop in Selkirk, along with her own, so got her box while dropping them off.  I phoned Amber to ask when we could drive out, and she said she was in town and would be by the house within 10 minutes!  I drove over to Loren's Sunday, and spoke to him through the door, while dropping his off.  Not a very satisfying chat with either of them.  But this meant that everything that absolutely needed to be done, is done.  I want to do a last  minute trip out today, and then stay home until next week.  The only thing I can see interfering with my plan would be if the library calls to say they are holding any books for us.  We are both desperate for reading material, and are number 1 on the list for 28 books right now. With my luck they will all arrive the same day! I do take a few  minutes every day in the studio, but not the hours I used to spend down there.  I've slowly been modifying the dye-painted pieces I made a few weeks ago.  (See other blog)  I've been getting a good response to what I've been doing from my fibre friends.  I've also signed up for another workshop that starts January 4th.  I have the supply list, and participants are signing into the Facebook group associated with the workshop, and meeting each other.

We have decided to have the leg of lamb for Christmas dinner. I'm not sure what might go with it other than potatoes.  We have lots of frozen vegetable for me, but I'll have to find out what David wants.  The only red wine I have is elderberry, and I'm not sure how that will go with lamb.  Probably not at all.  Since we head out about 10:00 this morning, I'll have to make my mind up by then.  Until then I think I'll just sit and drink my tea and enjoy  what blessings I have, given the world we live in.  Yes, I plan to toast my sisters at 6:00 Christmas Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment