Friday, December 18, 2020

Two different realities

 It was strange reading your post, Beth. (and even yours Pati.) When your world is one way you expect it to be the same everywhere. Beth speaks of loading her car with gifts and goodies and going to another town to visit family. Not allowed here. A much needed hair cut (tell me about it!!). Not allowed here. Buying a lottery ticket. Not allowed here, unless you are registered on line. And Pati speaks of the different stores they stop at. We can stop at stores, but the variety is limited in our town (our choice to live here I know) and quite a few are pre-order curb side pick up only. The grocery stores are one person per cart and only one person per household. Which is bad for us cause we both tend to be impulse buyers and depend on the other to hold us back. (Last time I went alone I came back with candies, chocolates, mixed nuts and cinnamon buns!). It is also our choice not to leave our home town to shop elsewhere. We could but it seems risky at this point in time. So yes.... we are becoming isolated and reclusive. And taking the garbage to the dump is a much anticipated outing. (Hot date!!) I did go to the pharmacy this morning. It was like the current alignment of planets. It doesn’t happen often but all my prescriptions run out this week. I left with four boxes and four pill bottles and vitamins. But now I am set until the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment